- Why virtual or online counseling? People seek online counseling for many reasons including ease of scheduling, to gain access to care if there are few mental health options in close proximity to them, for those who are in isolation during times of public health crises and quarantine, to reduce drive or commute time, and for those with certain mental health diagnosis who are less likely to feel comfortable coming into an office.
- Our providers use multiple HIPAA compliant online platforms to help you gain access to the therapy that you are seeking. Whether individual virtual therapy, marriage counseling, family counseling, and Online Group Therapy, we are here to help you using advanced technology systems to ensure your privacy, security and access to counseling. Virtual therapy solutions are just as effective as in person therapy appointments and they do provide the same ease of access that in person sessions can not always provide.
- Many people wonder if their insurance will pay for virtual counseling, many insurance companies do offer their consumers access to online therapy as long as their therapist is licensed in the state where they are seeking online counseling options. During the current time of public health crises, health insurance companies are making it even easier to access distance counseling. Please be assured that all of our licensed counselors do hold Pennsylvania Board Accreditation.
- If you’re curious whether you can transition to in person therapy sessions after virtual therapy sessions, the answer is yes! As long as you let our team know which of our centers you prefer we will be sure to pair you with a licensed mental health counselor who is near you.
- How long does Virtual online Counseling last? Sessions are 53 minutes long and the duration of treatment can vary depending on the skills that you are looking to develop and the symptoms that you would like to manage ranging from 12- sessions to other long term treatment plans.
- How will I pay for my appointments if I am using virtual therapy? That is a great question and your provider will let you know the various ways that you can pay for your session including our completely secure client portal.
- What is the cost for virtual therapy? It is the same cost as an in person appointment which is 100.00, we also have providers who are glad to offer the sliding scale, please call our administrative team to inquire about sliding scale availability and pricing.
- If you are curious how you can complete your intake forms and sign your consents for treatment, you are not alone. Our administrative team can help you to get all of your forms completed from the comfort of your own home by using our HIPAA compliant client portal.
- We even offer Meditation Sessions, Nutritional Counseling, and Reiki via distance platforms! All for your wellness and convenience.
- While we do offer virtual video sessions on our HIPAA compliant portal, we do not offer telephone therapy sessions at this time as our providers do require that they are able to interact with you in a way that includes visual media.
If there is a question that you have which was not answered here, please reach out- our reception team is always glad to answer questions!
At the Counseling and Wellness Center of Pittsburgh, we specialize in providing the most current and effective tools to help you, your marriage, and family become well. That is our promise to you. Please call our centers at 412-322-2129